Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mad * Freaking Mad World Friday


So let's do this.
We live in a Mad Mad World these days. The pain in our country is raw and palpable. I am not sure that the moon hangs as high as it used to. I do not know if the sun really wants to shine anymore. I just don't know. Do you? I DO know that the rain is not going to wash away our country's troubles and to hide behind any ill accepted idea that our government, in its infinite wisdom, is going to be able to fix this is foolhardy at best. Our happiness is not a map that sits on our door step each morning waiting to show us the way.

With this said, this weekend is Easter, today is Good Friday. Both symbols of resurrection and cleansing of soul and humanity. Our faces are a map of the world, our world. I think we all need to make a concerted effort and attempt to resurrect our mad world from this cesspool of a shitty economy and find a ray of hope, a new garden path or new personal plan, whatever it may be to which we boldly move forward on our own as individuals, families, neighborhoods and communities. Pay it forward no matter how small the action or gift. Smile at someone when you may not have. Pay someone's toll, pay for someone's coffee if you can. Choose to be happy even if you feel painfully frustrated and helpless. Hold onto the American staple of humor. Laughter is the golden ticket, even if you're only laughing at yourself. It always finds a way to lift your spirits. I promise it will pay your psyche back in spades. God bless you all. I wish you a wonderful Easter spring weekend.

Here is one classic to start you off. Thanks to my new friend Jessica





Keep On Rockin' In The Free World

2 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I absolutely LOVED this post today. I'll definitely pay it forward and think of as many ways to do random acts of kindess all weekend long, especially, but every day as well. Happy Easter.

Jenni said...

GREAT post! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!