Thursday, December 11, 2008

Daddy's Beautiful Girl

I have been trying to force myself to slow down and smell the roses once and a while. As most of you know I live life at frenetic pace. This existence lends itself to missing some things. So today when Alayna came home from school and I saw how beautiful she looked, I first had to stop and compliment her, and then capture her on (OMG I almost said film) digital. Good thing she got her looks from her mom.



She has such a fun personality. She is so hopeful that we actually do get the snow they have been talking about this weekend on the valley floor. Hey, if it can snow in New Orleans today, why not here? I actually love snow and prefer it over the damned rain. Why do I live in Portland?? Hmmm, I guess I will have to reassess.




3 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Man She's a spitting image of you two...

Daughters are amazing...just got a hero's welcome from mine.

The Mom Jen said...

She's a beauty, and is channeling Vanna White in that second photo! LOL!

Deb said...

she's gorgeous! i have two kids here that are desperate for snow. my oldest almost came unglued when he saw the forecast for christmas eve-- 55 degrees! unacceptable. oh well, perhaps a cold front will blow through. we can hope. here's hoping for some snow for your little ones, too.