Tuesday, June 16, 2009

TT - Even In The Quietest Moments



"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our dark that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us; its in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Mahatma Gandhi

In the quietest moments our thoughts are most pure and can be harvested and built upon for the greater good. The air this morning was heavy even though it was somewhat chilly. Kind of strange meteorologicaly speaking. I am flying without my editor this fine morning. I only say this as a warning to those who are punctually and grammatically anal. I am a writer not an editor. Kind of like Ed. He was an attorney and owned a bowling alley, two separate things. See I have the whacky mind with all the ideas and can put them into motion. My better half puts dots and commas and pauses and stops in places I never thought to pause or stop.

So this mornings walk was one of pure brilliance. It was so quiet all you could hear was the pure melodious chirping of the early sunrise birds and in a few areas the seeping whistle of water jetting out of the sprinklers. I have always wondered what it would be like to be able to understand what the birds are saying. Are they really singing a happy song? Or are they somewhat more diabolical?

Robin - "Chirp, chirp chirpetty chirp...= Hey look at the fat guy coming our way."
Meadowlark- "Chirp, chirpity, chirpy, chirp...= I See him, at least he is out trying to be healthy you rude fat ass Robin."
Robin - "Yeah F you Meadowlark punk."

I mean you can see my point? Maybe birds aren't always singing a happy song like they teach them in school and on the Disney movies. I don't know. Anyway just one of many observations that come across this crazy mind.

The air held that scent of freshness in its grasp almost as though Mother Nature had actually cleansed it overnight. She left a strong scent of honeysuckle on one block. ( my personal favorite.) Another block the smell of toast and coffee wafted about the morning air. As I pass through each of the various neighborhoods I find that they each seem to have their own neighborhood alarm clock if you will. Some are still quiet and calm. Others are bustling with energy and the frenetic pace of our fast forward society. Cars zooming by. One with ding dong at the wheel barely noticing the guy on the road because she is driving, putting on her eyeliner and speaking on her cell phone all at the same time. Genius!! The sounds of hammers crashing down on wood, the wailing of power saws tearing through plywood and that obnoxious beep, beep , beep of the already blasted loud cement truck as it backs into position. Man those cement guys like to pour early. I guess the gelatinous state of cement must be more workable at 6am when it is cool than later in the day. Go figure. But thanks for the acoustic mind bender. The smell in the air around the construction site is one of raw wood and fresh cigarette smoke.A mixture I do not necessarily care for but it oddly tickles the senses. Yeah because nothing says good morning like a good heater. I guess I will never understand how starting the morning off with molten hot tobacco searing through your mouth and lungs is ever a good thing. Thank God I get to move back into the forest for the later part of my road time today. MMM fresh pine and that stifling quiet noise of the forest. The forest floor filled with ferns and other flora and fona seem to absorb all static sound to a hush.

I find it interesting the amount of information one can download while having an earpiece in one ear blasting tunes from an Ipod play list, and the other ear free to catch all of the worlds rapture as it awakens to a new day. I love my morning ritual. There is such a cathartic peace about this place and practice. God Bless you all, make it a great week.

Please go check out Angie's site for some great reads.

Tuesday's Tribute



"Keep On Rocking In The Free World"



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Rita T. said...

Peaceful picture that sets the mood for your post. Blessings!

Claremont First Ward said...

The flora and fauna in Oregon is definitely some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. It's amazing what we can hear if we but listen. You catch a LOT with an ear piece in.

You did paint a peaceful picture.....thank you for it.

Ash said...

Excellent writing - even without the Grammar police.

I forgive you. This once :-)

And the bird thing, is it scary that I have often thought that as well? Especially the nasty mockingbirds around here - those guys are just plain mean.

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

Picking and choosing, picking and choosing... The angels call it "editing that which serves you."

Great job, and thanks for making us all feel "normal"!